You will be responsible for managing building virtual audit projects. You oversee the simulation engineers and review detailed models, run simulations of building and mechanical system design alternatives and advise clients on the results of those simulations. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging, high-profile projects and will be given the encouragement and support to challenge yourself and develop your career, as part of a unique team of innovative engineers.
· Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
· Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
· Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
· Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
· Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
· Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
· Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
· Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
· Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
We are looking for experienced building simulation engineers to join us as project managers. Skills include the following:
· Clear and confident communications skills
· Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline, such as energy engineering or building services engineering
· Knowledge of HVAC systems, controls and/or modelling of systems is desirable
· Experience of using building simulation software or related software tools is desirable (e.g. CAD, energy modelling, loads analysis, daylight modelling, solar modelling, HVAC design tools)
· Knowledge of LEED, GreenMark, ASHRAE 90.1 analysis and Building Commissioning is desirable.